General overview of Web Concepts and Hosting
This module starts with general overview and significance of varying web-related concepts and hosting activities. Key points to discuss will include
• Various types of websites and their defined roles
• Web hosting and server side basics
• Types of domains and domain registration
• Optimizing server performance for successful Internet marketing.
Various types of websites and their defined roles
On broad classification regarding the general overview of Web Concepts and Hosting, one can categorize websites and their corresponding roles prevailing over the internet in the way as mentioned here.
1. Personal Sites, which comprises of few family members’ photos with a suitable online diary.
2. Photo sharing websites will include product photos and slide shows to be displayed in front of prospects. Depending upon any particular product, this type of website may help businesses to attract their online prospects.
3. Community building websites allow business people to interact with other people and allow sharing of interests. These are available as Forum and Social websites, which help in link-building processes.
4. Blogging platforms or websites help online marketers to write and share blogs related to their offered products or online services. Since content strategy has now become a powerful tool, blogging strategy serves as the efficient tool to promote any website over various search engines.
Web hosting and server side basics
Under this heading of the module general overview of Web Concepts and Hosting, you will be able to know about server and role of web hosting companies. Server refers to a computer equipped with special type of software to allow hosting of files present in a website and serve them over the internet whenever people visit the website. Many times, webmasters avoid hosting of websites on their personal computers. Here comes the role of web hosting services, which mainly rent their online servers out to clients’ portals and in turn, allow residing of web files there.
Types of domains and domain registration
Selection of a particular domain name is solely dependent on one’s commercial website. Thus, in this section, the module will give you with necessary details about types of domains, like .org, .com, .in, .edu and similar others, along with necessary registration processes.
Optimizing server performance for successful Internet marketing
Last section of this module will contain details about varying ways, by which optimization of web servers allow webmasters and online marketers to accomplish successful internet marketing activities.